These days, with all the mental fatigue and physical exhaustion, massage is quite a necessity. Moreover, with the availability of massages at every place, the popularity has skyrocketed.
What is a massage?
Massage is a collective term used for pressing, rubbing and compressing the skin, muscles and different body parts to reduce the stress in particular spots. Massage can be light as well as pressurizing, depending on the need.
Here are some common types.
- Swedish massage- In this form, the muscles and ligaments are relaxed with long strokes and strong circular movement that allows the spot to relax and re-energize.
- Deep tissue massage- In this form, slower yet powerful strokes are used to clog the tension in the muscles and tissues. Since it reaches the tissue, the strokes are quite deep and are used to treat injuries.
- Sports massage- This type is a combination of Swedish and deep tissue massage and is targeted towards athletes and sports people. It is specifically used to regenerate the strength in injured and tired muscles.
- Trigger point massage- As the name suggests, this type targets the injured tissues in the body, and those triggered spots are massaged.
Benefits of massage therapy
Massage therapy is considered a medicine in doctoral studies. If done properly and professionally, it can have loads of benefits. Some of them are:
- Reduces stress and physical fatigue and relaxes the muscles.
- Significantly reduces pain and soreness in muscles and tissues.
- Improves blood circulation by decreasing muscle and vein tension.
- Improves general heart rate and blood pressure.
- Boosts the immune and digestive functions.
- Treats and cures injuries and long-standing body issues.
- Helps in better sleep cycles by calming the brain.
- Helps to cure certain ailments and diseases.
Risks of massage therapy
There are very few yet certain cases where you can face risks while taking massage therapy. Some of those conditions are:
- Bleeding or blood circulation disorders.
- Burns or open wounds.
- Fractures or dislocations.
- Severe internal or external infections.
- Low blood platelet counts, a condition also known as thrombocytopenia.
Choosing the right massage therapist can be quite difficult. Hence, always look for licensed and verified professionals to receive the best massage. Since massage is a delicate form of therapy, only choose professionals for the services.
In this regard, you can take help of West-End massage therapist who are licensed people and provide the best therapy in town.